As a firm, we are monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation and how it is affecting your business, including issues involving HR & Employment, cybersecurity, Real Estate, Trusts & Estates, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, and General Corporate & Business. Below are links to resources and articles from FMJ attorneys that can be helpful during this uncertain time.
- SBA Announces New PPP Forgiveness Application, Including a PPP EZ Forgiveness Application – June 17, 2020
- PPP Changes Over the Last Two Weeks, Including Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act Signed into Law – June 8, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Borrowers May Consider Applying for Forgiveness as Soon as Monday, June 8 – June 5, 2020
- SBA Releases Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application, Detailed Instructions, and Guidance – May 18, 2020
- Businesses’ Transition from Stay Home MN to Stay Safe MN: Why COVID-19 Preparedness Plans are Key – May 15, 2020
Posts, Articles, + Interviews
- Will Summer 2020 Bring the Resurgence of the Pandemic? COVID-19 Preparedness Plans are Here to Stay – by FMJ’s HR & Employment group
- Waves of the Pandemic: Why Manufacturers Need to Have a Back-Up Plan – Jim Seifert, head of FMJ’s Manufacturing practice group
- Gifting Opportunities During an Economic Downturn – by FMJ’s Trusts & Estates group
- Tenant Bankruptcies: What Commercial Landlords Need to Know and How to Move Forward – by Lorie Klein (Bankruptcy & Insolvency) and Kristi Riley (Real Estate)
- Aviation Back to Work: Employee and Customer Consideration – by Jordanne Kissner (Transportation & Logistics), Natolie Hochhausen (HR & Employment), and Kevin Johnson (Transportation & Logistics)
- Is Your Business Bound to Its Contracts During a Pandemic? Contractual Obligations and Defenses in the Era of COVID-19 – by Tyler Brimmer, Shareholder in the Litigation practice group
- Taking It One Day at a Time: Mergers and Acquisitions Activity, Market Volatility, and COVID-19 – by Rob Fafinski III (Associate) and Heidi Carpenter (Shareholder) of FMJ’s Mergers & Acquisitions team
- Property Management During a Global Pandemic: How COVID-19 is Affecting Commercial Real Estate – by Kristi Riley and AJ Kupstis, FMJ Real Estate attorneys
- Working from Home: Tips to Protect the Health of Your Company’s Systems and Data – by Adina Florea, Certified Information Privacy Professional and Attorney in FMJ’s Litigation practice group
- FMJ’s PPP Loan Application and Audit Team – led by Jim Seifert, former GC of a Fortune 500 company, the team can assist businesses, banks, and financial institutions with the loan forgiveness process.
- Frequently Asked Questions – The CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program – FMJ has gathered the current guidance issued by the Department of Treasury and the SBA and provided the answers to frequently asked questions we have received below. Here are the additional links to guidance to help you understand the PPP loan: SBA Loan Information, SBA Interim Final Rule, FAQ for Lenders and Borrowers, and FAQ for Faith-Based Organizations. This page will serve as a regularly updated resource for us to continue to share this information with our clients.
- Minnesota Manufacturing Economic Resources – as a way for our firm to thoroughly understand the challenges and issues that manufacturers face daily, it is imperative that we understand the current economic manufacturing climate in Minnesota and around the world. This includes a COVID-19 resource managed by the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy.
- LegalResearch.com™ COVID-19 Official Directives, Guidance & Resources – this is a free COVID-19 resource site designed to help you easily find and access Directives, Guidance, and Resources from Official Government sources in the United States. Coverage includes: Federal, States, Select Municipalities, and US Territories. The purpose of the site is to bring together, in one destination, the official and factual government information you need to know with regard to COVID-19.