As a firm, we are monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation and how it is affecting your business, including issues involving HR & Employment, cybersecurity, Real Estate, Trusts & Estates, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, and General Corporate & Business. Below are links to resources and articles from FMJ attorneys that can be helpful during this uncertain time.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) to Provide Relief for Businesses to Keep Workers Paid and Employed – March 30, 2020
- Department of Labor Releases Required Poster and Issues Guidance and Update on Families First Coronavirus Response Act – March 27, 2020
- Governor Walz Signs Unprecedented “Stay at Home” Order to Stem the COVID-19 Pandemic – March 26, 2020
- Governor Walz Executive Order 20-15: Special Revenue Funds from Minnesota’s DEED Will Be Used for Small Business Emergency Loan Program – March 25, 2020
- Economic Impact Disaster Loans Available from SBA Nationally: What Your Small Business Needs to Know – March 23, 2020
- Governor Walz Signs Executive Order 20-10 on Price Gouging in Response to Excessive Prices Amid COVID-19 – March 23, 2020
- Congress Passes “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” that Provides Historic Protections for Workers Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic – March 20, 2020
- IRS Moves Tax Day to July 15 from April 15 – March 20, 2020
- Fafinski Mark & Johnson – Your Partner Through the COVID-19 Crisis – March 16, 2020
- A Time to Plan: Estate Planning and the COVID-19 Crisis – by Nicole Flaherty Cropper, Trusts & Estates attorney at FMJ
- Taking It One Day at a Time: Mergers and Acquisitions Activity, Market Volatility, and COVID-19 – by Rob Fafinski III (Associate) and Heidi Carpenter (Shareholder) of FMJ’s Mergers & Acquisitions team
- Is Your Business an Essential Business During COVID-19? Transportation Edition – by Nathan Haynor (Associate) and Kevin Johnson (Shareholder) of FMJ’s Transportation & Logistics practice group
- Why Online Estate Planning is Not the Solution During the COVID-19 Crisis – by David Ness, Karen Schlotthauer, Matthew Jensen, and Nicole Flaherty Cropper, FMJ’s Trusts & Estates practice group
- Property Management During a Global Pandemic: How COVID-19 is Affecting Commercial Real Estate – by Kristi Riley and AJ Kupstis, FMJ Real Estate attorneys
- COVID-19 and Taxes: What You Should Be Thinking About – by Nathan Haynor (Associate) and Kevin Johnson (Shareholder) of FMJ’s Transportation & Logistics practice group
- Working from Home: Tips to Protect the Health of Your Company’s Systems and Data – by Adina Florea, Certified Information Privacy Professional and Attorney in FMJ’s Litigation practice group
- 12 Things Business Leaders Need to Consider in the Wake of COVID-19 – by Jim Seifert, Shareholder in FMJ’s General Corporate & Business and Manufacturing practice groups
- How Should Employers Manage a Global Pandemic? Planning for COVID-19 Disruptions: Top Issues for Employers – by Natolie Hochhausen, FMJ’s HR & Employment advising attorney
- Minnesota Manufacturing Economic Resources – as a way for our firm to thoroughly understand the challenges and issues that manufacturers face daily, it is imperative that we understand the current economic manufacturing climate in Minnesota and around the world. This includes a COVID-19 resource managed by the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy.
- LegalResearch.com™ COVID-19 Official Directives, Guidance & Resources – this is a free COVID-19 resource site designed to help you easily find and access Directives, Guidance, and Resources from Official Government sources in the United States. Coverage includes: Federal, States, Select Municipalities, and US Territories. The purpose of the site is to bring together, in one destination, the official and factual government information you need to know with regard to COVID-19.