2019 Resolution Already Out the Window? Don’t Forget Your Estate Plan
We are a month into 2019, which is the time when most New Year’s resolutions are thrown out the window. While we certainly don’t wish this on you, we hope that you won’t forget about the importance of estate planning this year.
Failure to properly plan for your estate and the unexpected can have adverse consequences for you and your family- and having that uncertainty is not the way to start a new year. Below are some ways we can assist you in 2019.
- Estate planning: wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable trusts, family limited partnerships, special/supplemental needs trusts, powers of attorney, and health care directives
- Trusts and estate administration: trust management, administration or distribution, representation in the probate process, and more
- Business and unique asset succession
- Estate controversy: include representing executors, trusts, or beneficiaries
- Pre and postnuptial agreements
- Elder law: addresses questions like how can someone afford long-term care, who will make health care decisions, who will manage finances, etc.